CATRA means many things to many people. The program continues to grow to meet the needs of its riders. Though many riders and their families only "see" CATRA during lesson time, there is a tremendous amount of work and materials involved to keep CATRA running.
CATRA has been well blessed by generous contributions throughout the past 24 years. Continued financial support, donations of time and talent will enable us to provide a quality program at minimal cost to the participants.
It is with great faith and hope that we plan to continue looking forward to the future of CATRA. In order to make improvements, continually maintain the animals and the facility, CATRA needs the help and additional support from everyone who believes in it.
The following "WISH LIST" highlights our ongoing expenses and also shares needed items and projects that will make the program better. Please take a moment and consider how you can make this our greatest year ever. Talk with Ben or Shirley at 469-7517 on helping CATRA meet future goals. Your contribution to any of these needs will be greatly appreciated.
Funding needed for general maintenance and annual expenses:
- Health care for horses ($8,000)
- Hay bill ($50,000)
- Feed Bill ($14,000)
- Blacksmith ($7,000)
- Electric Bill ($6,000)
- Phone Bill ($3,000)
- Insurance ($4,500)
- Driveway Maintenance ($3,000)
- Vehicle maintenance & fuel ($5,000)
- Building &fence maintenance ($5,000)
- Tack and horse related equipment ($4,500)
- Office supplies and mailings ($5,000)
Projects and Improvements:
- Remodel tractor shed ($10,000)
- New light-weight 6 horse trailer ($25,000)
- Sponsorship of one rider for one year ($1,200)
- Sponsorship of one horse for one year ($2,000)
- Horse Show sponsor: ($2,000)
- One wagonload of hay ($675)
- New saddle ($500)
The official registration and financial information of Capital Area Therapeutic Riding Association, Inc., may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.